YOUR UAB CREDIT CARD PROTECTS YOU FROM UNEXPECTED SURPRISES
Complimentary credit shield insurance to secure your credit card balance. *
Credit Shield Insurance is available to all United Arab Bank credit cardholders and can provide you and your family with a financial ‘safety net’ in unforeseen circumstances,for example, in the event of death, critical illness or even involuntary loss of your employment.
Credit Shield ensures United Arab Bank credit cardholders are safeguarded against being in default in a crisis situation.
Your credit card balance (outstanding not cleared by the due date) is secured and covered for payment in case of:
- Loss of life.
- Permanent total disablement (PTD).
- Involuntary loss of employment (ILOE).
All new credit cardholders are entitled to Credit Shield within a window of 5 months.
- During the first 2 months, Credit Shield coverage is provided complimentary to all United Arab Bank credit cardholders,i.e. the Bank covers the credit cardholder for its insurance by paying the Insurance Company from its side.
- For the next 3 months, if the cardholder wants to cancel the Credit Shield feature, then the last premium paid by the cardholder will be refunded.
- After 5 months, the cardholder has the option to cancel the Credit Shield benefit anytime during the life of the card but the coverage premium charged will be retained by the Bank.
- Once the cardholder cancels this benefit, the cardholder cannot re-apply for Credit Shieldprotection for a period of 12 months.
- The free look option will only be given once during the lifetime of the cardholder.
|Jurisdiction||United Arab Emirates|
|Maximum Limit per person||For Death and Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) AED 150,000. For Hospital Cash Benefit (HCB) Daily indemnity of AED 200 (for each day the cardholder is admitted to hospital) subject to a maximum of 30 days in a policy year, i.e. AED 6,000 total. For Involuntary Loss of Employment (ILOE) 10% of the actual outstanding balance as on the date of notice of termination is served subject to a maximum of AED 4000 per month, subject to a maximum of 12 months, AED 48,000 total.|
|Indemnity Period||Hospital Cash Benefit 30 days. Involuntary Loss of Employment 12 Months.|
|Minimum Age at Issue||18 completed years.|
|Maximum Age at Issue||64 completed years for Death, PTD and HCB. 59 completed years for ILOE.|
|Maximum Coverage Age||65 completed years for Death, PTD and HCB. 60 completed years for ILOE.|
|Premium||0.89% on revolving card balance.|
To find out more about Credit Shield, please call 800 474
* Terms and conditions apply. See Terms and Conditions.
United Arab Bank is acting as a distributor of Credit Shield Insurance and shall not be responsible for the Insurance Company's actions or decisions nor shall United Arab Bank be liable regarding payment of any claims under the Insurance Policy contract issued by Union Insurance Company P.S.C. Union Insurance is a private joint stock company, licensed by the UAE Insurance Authority and listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.